Patagonia was my second workshop with Daniel Kordan.
It is really unusual but i can not undermine the supreme quality of the workshop . my overall score for the workshop is : 10 / 10 !
let me elaborate :
1) pre workshop : I have received emails and instructions from Daniel, the workshop mentor. all emails were friendly ,elaborated and focused with all necessary information with turned to be accurate and helpful during the workshop. to my personal questions to Daniel I have received intimidate and helpful reply !
2) Pre- Workshop : dealing with sudden and complicated situation due the strike in LATAM airways. this all of a sudden situation was quite a complicated situation due to last minute issue which meant many changes and re organization of means of travel, locations, hotels and other logistics issues. This entire situations was managed in an inspiring way. the bottom line : the strike did not affected even a single person in the workshop .All the scheduled went on without interference and the quality of all aspects of the workshop stayed without any harm.
3) while Workshop : Quality of logistics and administration : Perfect . although i would try very hard, I would not find even single remark or item to complain about.
4) while Workshop : Quality of services : means of travel, hotels, restaurants : my score is Perfects as well . all these services were extremely great and to my full satisfaction.
5) While Workshop : Quality of photography guide : we had two photography masters:, Daniel who led the workshop and Raymond helping Daniel. I can only say I couldn’t expect for more : presence, patience creativity, inspiration, good mood and kindness and above all : amazing professionalism and unlimited willingness to share with the participants the huge knowledge these two masters have. I felt that every day I am improving my photographic level due to accurate feedback and constrictive reviews I got.
6) While Workshop : Quality of general Guide services : although we came for photography, it turned out, to my surprise that in both locations we visited ( Chile and Argentina) we where given added value of local guides elaborating and giving us interesting information about all the places we have visited in . that was really great and unexpected
7) While Workshop : Quality of tutorials ( Photoshop and lightroom ) workshop : I find this segment in a need to be even better. The level of these classes was very high. it is obviously a problem to adjust the level of the tutorial to audience of completely different levels . I would urge you to make more thinking and brain storming to find a better ways to make efficient tutorial to the benefit of the entire group.
to summarize the workshop : I had an amazing great time and enjoyed every minute of it and defiantly will be coming for more adventures in the future
I wanted to thank you again sincerely for that great workshop. As said earlier, people often write when they need to complain but forget to say when things where great 😉
This may also be used/quoted as happy customer testimonial.
This tour can be really fully qualified as photo workshop. Not only it is perfectly timed and organized to take us to the best place at the right time (using the best of the weather to select itinerary) but it’s also a great photo group experience on site. Daniel and Alban, on each spot provide some tips before start, and while leaving freedom to all to explore the playground, they regularly check if all ok to provide some help on composition or technical details. Having some small conference before dinner with post-processing tips on real example just shot is the cherry on the cake and video are available to download after to rework details)
And probably the thing I like the most is that constant kindness and warm mood brought in at all time by Daniel. This create a great group spirit and not only we end the tour with fantastic photos and memories but also get new photo friend after each trip. No better measure of this, by the comments from each other on posted photos.
No wonder, why I did 4 trips with iceland-photo tour, two with Daniel and plan two new ones soon.
Not much feedback I could add to suggest improvement. The only thing I may suggest is that with a group of 13 + 2 guides, sometime split more the group in two (like the two van) as for some site, it can be difficult to avoid having one photographer in the view when using ultra wide angle as we do. If I’m thinking back, in a large majority (75%) of the time this was perfectly managed (creating a line, spreading on a large part, advertising multiple spots to distribute the group , …) on the left ones, that was mostly when we were after ice breaks with the rocks where everyone goes in every direction.
Not a big deal as we can manage it with some patience or move to other spots. Therefore maybe in some site, a light reminder to participants to think they could be in the frame.
Looking forward for future trip in July in Iceland + Greenland. Too many nice trips proposed and not enough time LOL